The God Kind of Love

My child, I love you!

Love. What does that word conjure up in your mind? Maybe you have experienced love that hurt or love that was selfish or love that was demanding or judgmental or jealous. I am sorry that you have experienced love that was not good for you.

I want to show you the God kind of love. This love is unconditional, sacrificial, and unselfish. I loved you so much that I laid down my life for you. I wanted you to be with me forever. My kind of love isn't dependent on whether you measure up, how pretty you are, or how much you love me. My kind of love saw you in your nakedness, in your shame, in your sin, and loved you anyway. I loved you before you ever knew me. I love you!

This love is patient and kind. It is not jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable and keeps not record of wrongs. This love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Nothing you can do will change how much I love you. Nothing you can say will keep my love from you. Nothing can separate you from my love. Not death or life, not angels or demons, not fears for today or worries for tomorrow. Not even the powers of hell can separate you from my love. Not one thing! Nothing in all creation can separate you from the love of God that is revealed in me, Christ Jesus your Lord.

Come to me and let me show you this awesome God kind of love! As I pour my love into you, it can't help but spill over into others around you. I love you! My plan is for the whole world to experience my love and the love of those who know me. It starts with you accepting the sacrifice I did for you on the cross, soaking in my love and sharing it with those around you. Love like this transforms lives. I love you!

(I Corinthians 13:4-7 and Romans 8:38-39)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Every Morning!

Peter in the Boat - Matthew 12:22-33

Come to Me!